Life style, fashion blogger

Monday 29 February 2016

How I Get Through A Bad Day


I was really inspired by Tanya Burr's recent blog post about how you can get through a bad day and different ways (little or big) you can help yourself. Taking care of your mind & body is personally one of the hardest things to maintain in life because there is so much shit, negativity and self doubt that happens in your life, so I always try to find the positive in a situation (or person) that I'm involved with. 

This is what I do if I am having an off day.. 

Write a list about what you're excited for in the year (and life).
I wouldn't say I try to plan my life to exact, but writing a list about all the things I'm looking forward to, this could be something small like having a girly night out or something bigger such as going on holiday or getting your degree. This keeps my mind on the positives that are going to happen in my life. 

Meeting up with your best friend.
This is hands down one of the best things to do when I am having a bad day or not feeling myself. Talking to my best friends while having a coffee,I instantly feel happier and full of life again. We talk about the old times, hilarious moments that have happened to us. 

Exercise. 
I always go on a speed walk which makes me feel physically and mentally better, I want to try jogging but feeling quite self conscious but maybe one day!

Watch funny videos.
I never would have thought Youtube or You've Been Framed made me happy, but honestly simply watching a video of someone doing something dumb on Youtube makes me a whole lot happier and sometimes to the point where I'm in tears.

Get a good nights sleep.
How are you supposed to be your normal happy self if you have had 2 hours kip? Let your body and mind refresh, they say at least 8 hours each night. You will feel fresh as a daisy the next morning! 

Quit social media (for a bit or forever)
This is something I have used in the past especially around the approach of deadlines but delete your social media accounts, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, delete it. Stop glaring at your boyfriends ex's profile picture, nothing good will come from it apart from spitefulness. Your eyes don't need to be facing a bright screen all day, put it down and do something in the real World.

Listen to music.
My favourite songs are Riptide by Vance Joy, it as for years, every time I hear that song, my mood instantly improves. It is a real gentle, peaceful song. Im really loving Love Never Felt So Good by Michael Jackson & Justin Timberlake, its a really cheerful and up beat song, that you can just dance and sing to. 

Jess Glynne is the woman of the moment especially when she sings Don't Be So Hard On yourself, which sends out a good message about not been hard on yourself in a dark place in your life, pick your self up, you're worth so much more. I'm loving Keeping Your Head Up by Birdy. 

Book a day off.
This is something that not everyone can do but simply booking a day off work, knowing I don't have to get up at 6:30am on a Saturday, lifts my mood and the fact I can lay in bed and go shopping and have time to myself, simple but effective. 

Remember everything happens for a reason, where there is a bad cloud there's a rainbow just around the corner! 







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig