Life style, fashion blogger

Friday 20 June 2014

Collar To Cuff

*NEW ASSIGNMENT ALERT*   

Yes that is correct everybody, I have started my new assignment which includes in making..
  • A garment
  • Bag
  • Mood board
  • Customer board
  • Design Boards
  • Final design board + spec drawing
  • Tech file
  • Marketing report
  • Research in sketchbook
The whole assignment is based around Old fashioned communication e.g. telephones, type writers, switch boards I explored all those areas but I wanted to concentrate on telephones, looking at all the area's of telephones e.g. dials and wires.


  RESEARCH



 

ILLUSTRATIONS
 
The illustrator that I got inspiration from was Hayden Williams. I really loved researching his work and taking ideas that I could use for my illustrations. What I took from his illustrations into my own was the curves around the hips of his illustrations, I wanted mine to have bigger hips which made them look like real women NO TWIGGY IN MA SKETCHBOOK!!!
 










 I found getting the correct skin colour 
was quite tricky because the media that I used which was acrylic paint was quite fiddly and wasn't too neat so I decided to paint the skin colour in water paints which was less messy and I enjoyed creating it.
 
 
 

I used a darker tone of colour for the shadow areas of my illustrations e.g. where the body covers up a part of the arm, this is where the shadow will naturally be placed.  
 
Design Boards


These are the nine illustrations that I have decided to take forward and place on my design board.

 I have used a photocopied print of old fashioned telephones for a part of the background with my three illustrations on top and a bigger version of one of the illustrations at the side just to fill up the board.
















For the hair I decided to use images of switchboards which is related to my theme so I know I am keeping it all in common.

 I wanted to add a pop of more colour so I decided to use collage to a few of the bottoms of my illustrations which I think adds a lot more creativity to them.  

The media that I used for my illustrations were..
  • Acrylic white paint
  • Water colours
  • Fine liner
Customer Board



The customer that I imagined wearing my garment is..
  • A 28 year old woman living in Summerset, with a husband and child
  • Owning a retro shop, liking 50, 60's fashion style of clothing
  • Likes to go dancing with her husband and friends



I collected lots of images to create my customer board just exploring what life I could make for her.



Final Garment 
This is my final garment I chose this style of shirt because I think it has been very on trend this season. I have taken pictures of the making of my shirt. 






























My bag 

Keeping my bag in common with my theme, still using the telephone ring. 

Using wire in my handle to add something different to my bag design. I am adding purple to the bottom section just to add some colour because I was allowed too! 



















Mood board 


This is my mood board that contains all the things that have inspired me on making my shirt. I think the mood board is very minimal but it still shows what I took from the images and used for my shirt








I hope you have all enjoyed reading about my college work and what I have been up too! 


Polly X 

















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig