Life style, fashion blogger

Tuesday 18 February 2014

BAFTA AWARDS!

Hi everybody! How are we all?
I am sure you all know that last week was the BAFTA awards & as a fashion student I go straight to the dresses! Their have been some beautiful gowns that I have fallen in love with and then there have been some that I personally wouldn't choose, so lets start!!!

Brad & Angelina looked both amazing in their suits yes BOTH, Angelina wore this masculine but still feminine suit, wearing a half un buttoned shirt that shows her sexiness. I love how shes done something completely different, she isnt upstaging her guy, I applause this outfit very much.  
 
 
The next stunning outfit that I love & all the magazines are talking about is Lupita Nyongo's, the lady that starred in 12 years a slave, this gown is so beautiful, effortless.
Wearing a gown that is such a bright, bold colour is an amazing trick to get all the cameras on you, you stick out like a saw thumb but in a very very good way. She wore the correct amount of jewellery, nothing too over the top. Her complexion goes amazing with her dress, the colours combine together amazingly. 
 
  
The next amazing gown that I have seen is Fearne Cotton, OH MA GOD! Her hair is amazing, bob type so I don't think it messes with the dress, there is just enough sparkles so it isn't over the top. The length of the dress is just right. The colour of the dress is very luxurious with a tint of silver.
 
 
 
This gown I think is stunning, very simple, worn by Uma Thurman, very figur hugging, showing all her beautiful curves, you definatly need to have confidence to wear this dress. I think the accessorises she is wearing are perfect for the occasion, nothing is in your face, tacky or in your face. PERFECT!
 
The hair is something I especially love, it isn't in her face, still having the messy effect with the few strands of hair so nothing looks old fashioned.
 
Ok so now its time for the not so fashion appropriate style.. 
 
 
 I wasnt too fussed about Gwendoline Christie's dress, personally I think she is showing too much leg & I think dont it is appropriate for the type of occasion she is going too! Maybe if Gwendoline had a tan to her skin i maybe could see the reason she chose this dress but without I dont think it does anything for her figure,but ending on a positive note her hair is perfect, having a 50's styled quiff.

 Another dress I am not too fussed with is Maggie Gyllenhaal, there is too much going off with this garment, especially the top half,too many beads with the sleeve netting material it is all too much for me to like. The bottom half covers up her beautiful figure, there is too  much material.

This is the final dress that I am not so keen on, the pattern is too old fashioned, it is something that you'd wear when you had no fashion style or you just found out about fashion. Please dont get me started on the shoes, they do nothing for the dress, just big black straps that aren't needed.
 
The hair style does nothing for this dress, the hair drags her down, the hair has no personality, its like they ran out of time & this is what they came up with, her figure is amazing so Laura can do much better.
 
Thanks for reading, I hope i can one day be at the BFTA awards or at least style an actress. Here's a few more pictures from the awards. X
 














 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig